Het is het platgetreden adagium van ondernemers: droom en jaag vervolgens je droom na. Heel vaak kun je dat beter niet doen. 95% van de starters (in de Verenigde Staten, maar vast ook hier) valt binnen vier jaar om. Dit is waarom.
In Inc Magazine staat en ontnuchterend lijstje voor ondernemers.De grappige toon valt voor het grootste deel weg in de vertaling, dus maar even in het Engels:
1. You don't have what it takes. Honestly, you just don't. You don't have the work ethic. You won't be able to handle the stress. You will fail and you won't want to get back up. Just stop now.
2. You don't want it bad enough. You don't want it so bad that you'll go to sleep every night at two in the morning after a full day's work. You don't want it so bad that you'll spend your Friday and Saturday nights working instead of partying or being social. You don't want it so bad that you jump out of the shower, still wet with a new idea. You don't want it that bad.
3. You aren't good enough. You think you're in the top 1% but you're not. You think you're at the top of your game, but you're not. You think you're putting in the work, but you're not. You think you are worthy of living that "dream lifestyle" but you're not. You aren't even close.
4. You talk and talk and talk. Where's the do? Where's the phone-off, email-off, in your apartment by yourself hustle? Where's your "I haven't gone out on a date in three months" game face? Where's your "I can't remember the last time I watched a movie" grind mode? All you do is talk.
5. You think you know. You don't--and that's the problem. You think you've got it all figured out. No more questions to ask. You don't need any help. You know exactly what you're doing. Wrong. You have no idea, and the fact that you're not actively seeking out what else you don't know is a clear sign you should just hang it up.
6. You don't want to hear it. Someone doesn't like your idea? Oh, that's their problem. They just "don't get it." No reason to question your approach, I'm sure.
7. You already know how you're going to spend your money. Because you're going to be a ba-ga-gillionaire, right? Instead of spending every waking moment mastering your craft, you're daydreaming about which Lamborghini you're going to buy. That's a problem.
8. You tout the successes of others as if they are your own. "My dad's brother's best friend? A millionaire. That's going to be me." Uh-huh. I bet.
9. You cling to your last accomplishment for dear life. Because honestly, it's the only thing you have. Sorry to say, but you're only as good as your last performance.
10. You keep saying the words, "One day...". No, not one day. Right now. Do it now, or don't do it at all.
11. You worry about what your competition is doing. You worry because you don't believe enough in what it is your building--or worse, you know what your building has a faulty foundation. Because if you did believe in yourself, it wouldn't matter what your competition was doing--you'd find a way to move forward and keep going.
12. You're afraid someone is going to "steal" your idea. Yeah, because you're Leonardo DaVinci, right? How about you go build something first and then start playing hide-and-go-seek with your creative brilliance.
13. You choose instant gratification over delayed gratification. You would rather eat one marshmallow now than eat two marshmallows later. Am I right?
14. You constantly need reassurance. Call your mom. That's what she's there for.
Eerlijk zijn: hoe scoort u?
Graag nog even het onderstaande aankruisen. We houden hier namelijk echt niet van robots die ons blauwe pilletjes en Nigeriaanse fortuinen proberen te verkopen!
De 2MinuteAcademy Andersbriefbevat een andere kijk op klantwaarde,ondernemen, innoveren, leiderschap, dwarsdenken + veel humor. Elke weekeen ander van deze thema's en u kuntzich apart abonneren op elk ervan.Lees er hier meer over.
Nog geen GRATIS abonnement?
Klik HIER om u aan te melden!